Skip to main content

The Junior Doc

Day 1


Stomach was on royal rumble, soles sore, toe nails on fire. 2 hours of Pre Rounds despite having an older collague helping out. Missed the Morning Reviews I had longed to attend. I wonder whether it will be basically work and no learning, the missing wasn’t what I bargained for. Some hours of my sleep have to go now, so that Pre Rounds will be done in time.

Here's the juice: Higher Rounds:
Me: dah dah dah.. not knowing much of her history.
Senior 1: Back date your rounds.
Me: *In my mind* shuuuu! I didn’t hear you well. God not today please. *Speaking,* pretends I heard nothing.
Seniorjunior 2: "Write 18th..." (goes on to repeat it like 20 times.).
Me: (I keep doing what I'm doing and writing other things).
Senior junior 2: Give me that pen, (writes it and then goes) “she has no money…, we should have discharged yesterday but she wasn’t in bed and we didn’t, so…”
Senior 1: So tell me, why didn’t you write what I asked you to write?
Me : (much silence )*in my mind* are you really asking me this question, the answer is obvious, we no suppose even drag am.
Senior 1: I don’t like silence when I ask questions.
Me: Sir, today is 19th… *and whatever else I added*
Surprisingly, I was calm and polite the whole time, I thank God for the small work these few months at home did in my life o.
Senior 1: Here's why we did it; we did nothing for her in the last 24 hours. If she was in bed, we could have sent her home yesterday. So today is as good as yesterday.  Now, change that DPO you wrote, you must do it here.
Me: (*Saviour help me* I practically gave in. I was done fighting. Then I flip through and realize I had made a mistake earlier and it now tallied with what he wanted.)

{Later during Chemo}
Senior 1: What church do you attend?
Me: (*like it’s now a church thing to change dates*)

So my fellow doctor brethren, na like this e dey be? 😏😏😏😏😏😊😏

And of course, it's my signature out there, saying I discharged a patient a day before I resumed work.😒

Comments

  1. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting.. Thank you senior..one thing I know is that the devil is always out to get hold of us..A strong hold is his end point..but usually He starts subtly..so the earlier you resist His hold the safer..Remain blessed Dr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🀣
    It's well
    Thanks for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weldone galπŸ‘
    God is ur strength

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lols...sounds like what I go through everyday. But, you see, not sounding religious, I think that a little flexibility should be allowed when working with people. Or when the issue in question is humanitarian. For instance, it would be morally justified to backdate a discharge based on the argument of senior 1, but, legally, its very wrong.

    Now, when judging a crime, you look at the action and the intention. Our God is a just God. He looks beyond our actions at times. Would Abraham not have been a murderer in our sight if he had killed Isaac? But, in the eyes of God he is justified as an obedient servant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get your point. But when we keep soft pedalling on stuff, one day, we may enter bush

      Delete
  6. Chai...our journey through the world is quite a tough one. Looking around, all I see is decay but we can't be subdued by the world. Let our voice be heard more through our actions daily. The more we speak, the more we are heard and that's the indelible mark that lives after us.
    God bless u dear....more Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very valuable experience you can count on in years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Waiting

Day 225 Dear, Lately, I've had to pore over my life and have some things checked over again. I wish I was with you already. Reading Eric and Leslie's book has taught me alot and that's part of why I'm writing. The waiting has been long, I don't just mean The Waiting , I mean the waiting of  Heb 13:4 πŸ˜„πŸ€—. Okay so here's what I wanna say: the pull is getting stronger, but I suppose I'm getting stronger to wait too. Yup!✊ After the last 'no' which left me devastated, and my disciplers sending me across to James 1 and my personal Discovery of 1Cor10:13 , I have a renewed hope to wait. It isn't easy I must confess, having to be on the receiving end and having to consider requests upon request and listening intensely to God to hear O Tread in this path, and never hearing it all these years. I am becoming tired, but for the Ludys , I should stick a lil longer and for all those lessons learned from the above. And for you beloved, lemme stick a lil

We all need Walls and Fences in this Christian Race

  “ Therefore, let he that thinks he stands take heed lest he falls" (1Corinthians 10:12). NKJV This has become a scripture that I can relate well with. Here's a sneak peek into a story: She’d walked into the call room one faithful day and in her usual manner asked: “ Nne Kedu? ” I broke down and wailed, she locked the door and listened. Now this was a lady I’d known that I needed to get close to when I arrived town newly but I didn’t do the full embrace because of maybe delayed obedience or perhaps the fact that I kept looking for opportunities without creating one. In Christianity, these things aren’t hard to create in a circle of Christians who understand why ‘we are’; fellowshipping with one another outside the four walls of the church is what drives home the relationship observed in this body, the body of Christ. I sincerely gave this answer to her: “ I’m not fine. I have exams tomorrow, and I’m here administering chemotherapy. Well, that’s not all…” I went on and poured

Inner Beauty

I remember where you brought me from,  Lord I thank you for where I am today,  I see you doing a new thing in my life, Lord I thank you for the future I see🎢 It's been awesome having walked with God for the past 6 years. The journey has been excellent and I know He hasn't finished with me yet. I surrendered my life to Christ when I was 20. And what that meant was that the formative years of my life were almost over. I thought I had picked up a personality and a way of life that would mold me into the future but Mercy said "No". I'd go on to share an aspect. Prior to knowing Christ, I fussed a lot about my looks. On getting to know Him, I still did continue on this path but He (The Lord) began to point at how I dressed, and how I idolized my hair. I was keen on doing whatever it was to make the Lord, my Master happy. So, whatever I felt was the way forward in pleasing Him, I quickly embraced it.  I gained a great measure of help but I also tilted towa