Skip to main content

Your Location and Allocation

Relocations are always seem to be a turbulent time for me because I always have to ask The Lord repeatedly if He was in that destination or not. This is because if I veer off the road and land in Sodom or the like, I'll loose all my allocations and inheritance.

So on this particular occasion, as the clouds brightened that day, I was on my way to go pick up appointment letter for a work in a location I wasn't yet sure it was God who was sending me or whether it was circumstances or the fact that I never imagined returning to that city for anything short-term much more lifelong  practice of Medicine. 🫠

I braced up as I went, I entered one of those aka n'enu buses which had been my regular as I was low on cash and needed to conserve the little on me. Aka n'enu wouldn't give you the best of a travel experience as the vehicles are often ricketty, with road worthiness being on a zero and they drop and pick people at every nook and cranny and as such they end up doubling your journey time.

Part of why I was skeptical about resuming this work was also the fact that after NYSC, I had an agreement with God to pause on any jobs, and seek His face for a whole month and then attend the CMDA IfEHL Basic Course which I believed should be a prerequisite before any Christian doctor hits the job market. As such, I frowned at the fact that taking up this job could deny me this IfEHL training I'd registered and prayed about, and it also meant I will be less equipped to live out the maximum Christian doctors life. I was pained, had a cold feet but still dragged myself along as I did all that was required of me in those documentation phase.

Leaving the home of one of our elders that morning, I could only pray on the words she'd dropped in my heart: the heart of kings are in His hands and I should trust God to make a way for me to attend the meeting if truly He wanted me in the training. I also told them I contemplated turning down the offer but they encouraged me that God wasn't an author of confusion, if He allowed the job come at that time, then it also meant He knew all along how things will play out. I equally recalled that my one month post NYSC seeking-God-retreat had elapsed by the time this offer came, plus it was Residency training which I  insisted was the only job I was gonna consider post-NYSC. My only worry remained my training course as well as the fact that I wasn't sure Abakaliki was the right land to dwell in at that phase of my life.

As we journeyed with our frequent stops, I prayed all along in tongues, I also think it was on this particular trip that I had to change bus midway into the trip as our driver carried overload with a motorcycle at the back of the bus and he had settlement issues with the police. I moved on after paying the driver for the distance already covered as I needed to arrive my destination early.

Upon arrival and collection of my appointment letter, I wanted to chicken out: go home, travel to Abuja for the training the next week and resume two weeks after collection of the appointment letter but Mercy said no.

As I was about leaving the hospital gate, I was prompted in my spirit to call the chief resident of my department and report to duty. I obeyed, not knowing what my fate would be. However as Jesus may have it, I summoned courage to explain to him the reason why I cannot work that week or next, he listened and took me to the HOD who also listened and made me sign a paper that I must keep to my word to resume on 5th of April that year whilst she signed and informed the hospital management that I had reported to the department. To me, I was too perplexed to rejoice on how God was working things out and teaching me that my fickle mind and plans isn't always the best. O dear!

With this, I had some relief that this could be God really bringing me to this place but I still had some doubts in my heart whether it was Him or not.

Over the next couple of days after 5th April, he kept confirming it in various ways that He planted me there at that time. Even looking back with hindsight, I recall the 3 separate circumstances that led me to apply to this particular hospital and everything makes sense including the particular time I heard I could go ahead with the application after  prayers concerning it.


Do you ever consider moving to a new location as a heavy decision which requires seeking God's face? For me, it doesn't have to be about earning a fortune or being in the place with less hazards and minimal workload. Provided it's God who's giving the release to Go, I move in faith.

How do you decide where your House Job/internship placement will be? Do you think influencing your NYSC location is part of His Will for your life? How about where to reside as a young person after NYSC? How about where to raise your family and kids?

May we learn again that as He led Abram through an instruction to Go to an unknown land, he still leads people today. For Joseph it was slave trade, For Daniel and Friends, it was captivity while for Joseph, Mary and Jesus, it was the need to flee danger. 

May God guide you as you make life decisions. Amen.

What Determines Your Location? Ponder on this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Waiting

Day 225 Dear, Lately, I've had to pore over my life and have some things checked over again. I wish I was with you already. Reading Eric and Leslie's book has taught me alot and that's part of why I'm writing. The waiting has been long, I don't just mean The Waiting , I mean the waiting of  Heb 13:4 πŸ˜„πŸ€—. Okay so here's what I wanna say: the pull is getting stronger, but I suppose I'm getting stronger to wait too. Yup!✊ After the last 'no' which left me devastated, and my disciplers sending me across to James 1 and my personal Discovery of 1Cor10:13 , I have a renewed hope to wait. It isn't easy I must confess, having to be on the receiving end and having to consider requests upon request and listening intensely to God to hear O Tread in this path, and never hearing it all these years. I am becoming tired, but for the Ludys , I should stick a lil longer and for all those lessons learned from the above. And for you beloved, lemme stick a lil

Inner Beauty

I remember where you brought me from,  Lord I thank you for where I am today,  I see you doing a new thing in my life, Lord I thank you for the future I see🎢 It's been awesome having walked with God for the past 6 years. The journey has been excellent and I know He hasn't finished with me yet. I surrendered my life to Christ when I was 20. And what that meant was that the formative years of my life were almost over. I thought I had picked up a personality and a way of life that would mold me into the future but Mercy said "No". I'd go on to share an aspect. Prior to knowing Christ, I fussed a lot about my looks. On getting to know Him, I still did continue on this path but He (The Lord) began to point at how I dressed, and how I idolized my hair. I was keen on doing whatever it was to make the Lord, my Master happy. So, whatever I felt was the way forward in pleasing Him, I quickly embraced it.  I gained a great measure of help but I also tilted towa

The good doctor and her patients πŸ€—

Day 251 It's official! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ I have OCD for my patients or better still, I have OCD for responsibilities or I'm  just the workaholic everyone claims I am. (  I still doubt themπŸ˜›) ... It's about 3 weeks to end of Surgery and I must say, I think I kinda prefer O&G and Paediatrics to Surgery sincerely ( except the free daily meals of course πŸ˜πŸ™„ ). I hate being on my toes always and that's what Surgery does to one (me) . In Surgery, you care for your patients 24/7 unlike other departments where once you're not on call, you can have breath of fresh air and not think about work for a minute ( 16hours actually) . After what happened two days ago I came to the conclusion that really I have this workaholic tendency (abi OCD). I and some Sisters did some studies within the week on Trusting God, and as usual, I carried it with me to live it out. So that faithful morning, my team was on call (taking Accident and Emergency cases), I came to work just to basically see pat