Skip to main content

Delayed Obedience is Disobedience

1 Thessalonians 5:23 May the God who gives us peace make you holy in every way and keep your whole being -- spirit, soul, and body -- free from every fault at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.


There's a freshness that comes once we obey the promptings God is laying in our hearts. Writing this article, I still struggled with delayed obedience before I started punching my keypads. It took a friend's WhatsApp status to convict me to finally write something and stop delaying. Although I still want to argue about delayed obedience because the older son hesitated before obeying while the younger one said YES sir and went about his business (Matt 21: 28-32). Well, I don't think we should be like either of them when there's the option of becoming like Peter, Andrew and the two sons of Zebedee (Matt 4: 18-22).

Firstly, my main aim of writing today is to obey, it's been a while I wrote and it's been a long standing nudge in my heart to write again but I've not had the time or inspiration to put something down until today. Also, I'm writing to share my experience on how delayed obedience robbed me of a couple of things. Finally, I write with the hope that someone learns a thing or two that will help their walk with God.

Sometime last year, I got an instruction to do a particular thing, but I was like 'God which way to go na, abeg anyi a ga tor n'ihe till when? Lemme try my style for once bikonu.' Fiam! That was the beginning of a stretched out struggle. My faith wasn't at the highest at that time, hence my inclination towards taking such a risk in my relationship with God 😔. 

So instead of rising from one glory to another, I plummeted to abyss and back.😒 He only gives grace to the humble (James 4:6), and I wasn't being humble by my defiance to God's directives. For example, there were promises He made, which I found myself struggling to walk into them. But our Father being merciful as is in His nature, still allowed His word come to pass. Guys, if you lose grace🤦, you are on a rollercoaster of fiery stuffs. Everything around me suffered, as I encountered financial losses, got unnecessarily sick, lost my mind and had panic attacks, struggled to maintain daily fellowship with God and man etc. At that junction, the thorns growing in my heart were mounting, and as such, I couldn't win souls nor write on this blog because this is a means of evangelism too (Matt 13:1-9, 18-23). It was indeed terrible but our merciful Redeemer knows how to pull off a restoration plan.

At the point of realization of my error, redemption set in and the recovery has been great. I lost, but I've gained more and still gaining. I hope to Follow Him this year without doubts or the adventurous mindset that always wants to rebel, moreso to keep fellowship at a tempo where such doubts can't infiltrate.

 As we walk with God this year, let's ask Him to help us remain humble and follow Him in His terms. Amen.

GIC

Comments

  1. May we receive the renewed mind that trusts God recklessly and obeys His Spirit selflessly to the details of our high calling. In Christ's name. Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Beauty

I remember where you brought me from,  Lord I thank you for where I am today,  I see you doing a new thing in my life, Lord I thank you for the future I see🎶 It's been awesome having walked with God for the past 6 years. The journey has been excellent and I know He hasn't finished with me yet. I surrendered my life to Christ when I was 20. And what that meant was that the formative years of my life were almost over. I thought I had picked up a personality and a way of life that would mold me into the future but Mercy said "No". I'd go on to share an aspect. Prior to knowing Christ, I fussed a lot about my looks. On getting to know Him, I still did continue on this path but He (The Lord) began to point at how I dressed, and how I idolized my hair. I was keen on doing whatever it was to make the Lord, my Master happy. So, whatever I felt was the way forward in pleasing Him, I quickly embraced it.  I gained a great measure of help but I also tilted towa...

The Waiting

Day 225 Dear, Lately, I've had to pore over my life and have some things checked over again. I wish I was with you already. Reading Eric and Leslie's book has taught me alot and that's part of why I'm writing. The waiting has been long, I don't just mean The Waiting , I mean the waiting of  Heb 13:4 😄🤗. Okay so here's what I wanna say: the pull is getting stronger, but I suppose I'm getting stronger to wait too. Yup!✊ After the last 'no' which left me devastated, and my disciplers sending me across to James 1 and my personal Discovery of 1Cor10:13 , I have a renewed hope to wait. It isn't easy I must confess, having to be on the receiving end and having to consider requests upon request and listening intensely to God to hear O Tread in this path, and never hearing it all these years. I am becoming tired, but for the Ludys , I should stick a lil longer and for all those lessons learned from the above. And for you beloved, lemme stick a lil ...

Final Year Med School Experiences

CHRONICLES OF THE EXIT Hello lovlies, I made a compilation of some events I  scribbled during the course of my final exams. God taught me that if it weren’t Him leading me, intelligence and self-confidence can fail a man. I thought it wise to share it here so that we’ll remember the ultimate factor that holds our hands as we wade through life’s circumstances. I pray God blesses you through my testimonies. Today 10/6/19: I wrote my most humbling exam in medical school and it was an Exit Exam! I thought I had Surgery all figured out, but not after today's OSPE. It brings to book my earlier note on relays and not having a clumsy transition. This will probably leave me with the lessons of my life: to forever be dependent on God and bend my head to learn Medicine all I can, as long as I live. phew! 🙂 So here's God again teaching me about self confidence, and I still want to argue. Like, “God but I trusted you all the way, I did. I was 'serious' with my revisions...