Skip to main content

Inner Beauty

I remember where you brought me from, 
Lord I thank you for where I am today, 
I see you doing a new thing in my life,
Lord I thank you for the future I see🎶

It's been awesome having walked with God for the past 6 years. The journey has been excellent and I know He hasn't finished with me yet.
I surrendered my life to Christ when I was 20. And what that meant was that the formative years of my life were almost over. I thought I had picked up a personality and a way of life that would mold me into the future but Mercy said "No". I'd go on to share an aspect.

Prior to knowing Christ, I fussed a lot about my looks. On getting to know Him, I still did continue on this path but He (The Lord) began to point at how I dressed, and how I idolized my hair. I was keen on doing whatever it was to make the Lord, my Master happy.

So, whatever I felt was the way forward in pleasing Him, I quickly embraced it.  I gained a great measure of help but I also tilted towards another extreme of tackiness and shabbiness. I felt that was indeed holiness and spirituality.

Mercy still said "No" as He encountered me again through a song ministration at the CMDA Nigeria Students national conference 2017. A line from the song stood out: "Erase substitutes".

Focusing on looking 'holy' primarily on the outside was beginning to rob me of the firm foundations I got when I believed, I concentrated more on the external while neglecting the inner beauty which my Master had saved me to cultivate. After listening to the song, I repented. I had to pay more attention to the basics of my faith and the core values of what being holy entailed.

In our walk with the Lord, it can be easy to lose focus and thereby pay attention to some minor issues at the expense of the major, hence becoming whitewashed tombs. I have met many like that. I once had an encounter with a Christian who dressed in a "holy way" and as such, I didn't want to preach or ask about her faith. But the prompting to speak to her was strong and I had to press on with the conversation which helped recover the sister.

It's okay to dress sensibly and modestly but be sure to carry the ultimate beauty which we are told to have. I learned from my fussing and my tackiness to be the best of me that I can be in appearance but never to look at my external as the measure of spirituality while neglecting my inner man which is where the real power to be a Christian and the measure of true Christianity lies.

I have many testimonies to share as I celebrate my birthday tomorrow but I wish to drop just this here.

God bless everyone who has helped me so far in this journey. Pray with me that I'd apprehend that for which Christ apprehended me.

Comments

  1. He will yet take you higher as you follow on.
    Keep being a blessing.
    Write on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will yet take you higher as you follow on.
    Keep being a blessing.
    Write on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God for the journey thus far. May his grace continue to strength you. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God for the journey thus far. May his grace continue to strengthen you. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was an absolute delight to read.😊😍

    More grace ma.🙇‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inner Beauty 💖.

    More Grace to you.

    Your Life is a blessing to me.

    Keep Shining for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice piece.
    Beauty inside out.
    More grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep Flourishing gracefully dear.
    🎂 ✨ 💖

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your journey to Christ personally gives me so much joy and encouragement and I pray that He who began the good work in you, will help you to endure till the end and be saved! Lobe you sis! 😍💙💜♥️❤💌💛💚💕💗❣🖤💟💝

    ReplyDelete
  10. We thank God for what he's done in your life, it is indeed wonderful in our eyes.
    Happy birthday.
    More of God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. More grace sis. Thank God for granting you understanding! Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are still clay in his hands.
    We stand out when we sit with him.

    Thank you ma.
    Happy Birthday ma

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is well with your soul chiamaka.
    Thy Lord who started this journey of grace will not let you down.
    More Grace nwaanyi di mma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you chief for this piece. Philippians 4:5 should be our guide in all we do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Waiting

Day 225 Dear, Lately, I've had to pore over my life and have some things checked over again. I wish I was with you already. Reading Eric and Leslie's book has taught me alot and that's part of why I'm writing. The waiting has been long, I don't just mean The Waiting , I mean the waiting of  Heb 13:4 😄🤗. Okay so here's what I wanna say: the pull is getting stronger, but I suppose I'm getting stronger to wait too. Yup!✊ After the last 'no' which left me devastated, and my disciplers sending me across to James 1 and my personal Discovery of 1Cor10:13 , I have a renewed hope to wait. It isn't easy I must confess, having to be on the receiving end and having to consider requests upon request and listening intensely to God to hear O Tread in this path, and never hearing it all these years. I am becoming tired, but for the Ludys , I should stick a lil longer and for all those lessons learned from the above. And for you beloved, lemme stick a lil

We all need Walls and Fences in this Christian Race

  “ Therefore, let he that thinks he stands take heed lest he falls" (1Corinthians 10:12). NKJV This has become a scripture that I can relate well with. Here's a sneak peek into a story: She’d walked into the call room one faithful day and in her usual manner asked: “ Nne Kedu? ” I broke down and wailed, she locked the door and listened. Now this was a lady I’d known that I needed to get close to when I arrived town newly but I didn’t do the full embrace because of maybe delayed obedience or perhaps the fact that I kept looking for opportunities without creating one. In Christianity, these things aren’t hard to create in a circle of Christians who understand why ‘we are’; fellowshipping with one another outside the four walls of the church is what drives home the relationship observed in this body, the body of Christ. I sincerely gave this answer to her: “ I’m not fine. I have exams tomorrow, and I’m here administering chemotherapy. Well, that’s not all…” I went on and poured