Skip to main content

In the midst of stress, He holds my hands

Day 204
Terrible Day,

Woke up still having this excruciating pain I slept with.
It's not a new pain. First started some 6 years ago. But I cannot remember the last time I had it. It showed me signs last week but normalized. I strongly feel it's the stress from days 184-202 that caused this.

It was a terrible 3 weeks. Back to back poor sleep, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week call. I was told ladies aren't allowed to go through that unit, and the guys that go there are usually paired with ladies. When I came to get signed in on day 184, I had told him that I'm convalescing, Paediatrics last call had me do it sick and turned out the most hectic call I ever did in all my 92 days with them๐Ÿ™„. Entered that call sick and came out sicker and had to go off for one week to recover. I returned still a little weak. I asked to be signed into a cool place so as to rest a while but he didn't budge. I still feel I was snitched on as in someone probably told him about my attitude to work and as such, I appeared the most qualified to suffer and die in Paediatric surgery. Luckily, he left me a colleague for the first five days. She guided me and stood in till I was strong enough to run. Then all hell was let loose, she left and I had to do some terrible follow up and check in on these patients.

Now again, I'm done and my limbs can't carry me. Quality of life has reduced in the name of practising medicine. I can't keep getting sick off and on tough postings. Whatever gave my chiefs the mindset that I'm a strong woman should repaint their minds.๐Ÿ˜ญ I'm a frail girl, dedicated yes, excellent yes, delivers yes, even under duress yes, when over worked no no no no, I break down.

So now, in all these my Lamentations, I like to look for the hand of God in my life. That's my very own attitude to life. This is because He's said that for all things work together for the good of they that love the Lord. And also He has said He would not let us be tempted beyond what we can carry. So I remembered all these scriptures and refused to despair. I had hope a little. But I had to now start bugging to be released, my consos had to speak on my behalf before a change was made.  Just the day after the change, my limb failed. 

Oh no!๐Ÿ˜ญ I wept. I wept not just for the pain I was in, but for the fact that I felt pained and used.

Did I learn lessons? A couple:

Saw a miracle: failed bowel regaining strength.

Formed formidable bonds.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Learned not to be angry with people really. If God allowed it, He probably wanted me to go through it. And of course my attitudes in there is part of the training.

Above all, I'm not super woman, I'm a very frail girl being helped seriously by Christ.

Comments

  1. Its indeed a very tough unit that should not run with such few number of doctors.
    A Reg who was subjected to such an intense and exhausting calls in time past collapsed on duty and was rushed to A & E.
    I can fully relate to what you passed through.
    However I thank God for the gift of His Word which you made your companion and for using the difficult time as life lessons
    Definitely His grace is sufficient unto you and by His grace you are stronger and will have reasons to thank God for the period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmhuuu....just a 400l med student and I'm beginning to see medicine as a harsh life awaiting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naaaa! ๐Ÿ˜„
      You shouldn't. It can be fun sometime. Once you're in a centre with enough buffer (colleagues), it's a beautiful world. Sincerely ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  3. Thanks Dr. Ify for your sincere write ups. Gods grace always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever u do no do house job for parklane Sha... Stress will finish u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing with Dino Melaye WhatsApp sticker๐Ÿ˜†

      Delete
    2. Interesting..
      God is ever our strength.
      This is really nice

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Waiting

Day 225 Dear, Lately, I've had to pore over my life and have some things checked over again. I wish I was with you already. Reading Eric and Leslie's book has taught me alot and that's part of why I'm writing. The waiting has been long, I don't just mean The Waiting , I mean the waiting of  Heb 13:4 ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿค—. Okay so here's what I wanna say: the pull is getting stronger, but I suppose I'm getting stronger to wait too. Yup!✊ After the last 'no' which left me devastated, and my disciplers sending me across to James 1 and my personal Discovery of 1Cor10:13 , I have a renewed hope to wait. It isn't easy I must confess, having to be on the receiving end and having to consider requests upon request and listening intensely to God to hear O Tread in this path, and never hearing it all these years. I am becoming tired, but for the Ludys , I should stick a lil longer and for all those lessons learned from the above. And for you beloved, lemme stick a lil

We all need Walls and Fences in this Christian Race

  “ Therefore, let he that thinks he stands take heed lest he falls" (1Corinthians 10:12). NKJV This has become a scripture that I can relate well with. Here's a sneak peek into a story: She’d walked into the call room one faithful day and in her usual manner asked: “ Nne Kedu? ” I broke down and wailed, she locked the door and listened. Now this was a lady I’d known that I needed to get close to when I arrived town newly but I didn’t do the full embrace because of maybe delayed obedience or perhaps the fact that I kept looking for opportunities without creating one. In Christianity, these things aren’t hard to create in a circle of Christians who understand why ‘we are’; fellowshipping with one another outside the four walls of the church is what drives home the relationship observed in this body, the body of Christ. I sincerely gave this answer to her: “ I’m not fine. I have exams tomorrow, and I’m here administering chemotherapy. Well, that’s not all…” I went on and poured

Inner Beauty

I remember where you brought me from,  Lord I thank you for where I am today,  I see you doing a new thing in my life, Lord I thank you for the future I see๐ŸŽถ It's been awesome having walked with God for the past 6 years. The journey has been excellent and I know He hasn't finished with me yet. I surrendered my life to Christ when I was 20. And what that meant was that the formative years of my life were almost over. I thought I had picked up a personality and a way of life that would mold me into the future but Mercy said "No". I'd go on to share an aspect. Prior to knowing Christ, I fussed a lot about my looks. On getting to know Him, I still did continue on this path but He (The Lord) began to point at how I dressed, and how I idolized my hair. I was keen on doing whatever it was to make the Lord, my Master happy. So, whatever I felt was the way forward in pleasing Him, I quickly embraced it.  I gained a great measure of help but I also tilted towa