Skip to main content

Prepare for Kingship

Day 126 (27/1/2020)
Basically everything I'll write today will be in retrospect. I was at my chapter's CMDA students forum. It was the first for the year and thus scheduled for prayers. I had planned on attending earlier and changed my mind but, an hour to the meeting, the Gen Sec asked if I was coming and I said no. Truly, it was indeed a no as I already mapped out the mountain of things to occupy my evening. I went about my plans, spent some time in prayer, and was to get on with other things. A well of worship rose from somewhere (I think a group was praying at the staff welfare hall). I heard them. Oh, it was irresistible. I knew I had to be in that meeting I had cancelled earlier, reasons being that as today was my day off duty, I didn't know when next I'd be chanced to be in the fellowship of brethren. I needed to attend this one. My mountains would come in after I returned. As I prepared, I knew I'd be late but that was better than never.
As we were charged, I reminisced on the reminders God gave me these past few days and I'll share. Yesterday was my first Sunday in church this year and God was pressing it in my heart and making me grateful all over again, how that having had a walk with Him all these years, I could remain in communion even though work couldn't allow me fellowship with other brethren. And this I felt I should share with younger brethren who may allow the work load of medical school becloud them from pursuing a deep walk with God. My brother, my sister, it's all scam, the devil's tool to make you believe you'll have time in future. It only gets tougher, and this time in medical school is THE TIME to build a towering relationship with God. You must do it yourself and personally, with the Holy Spirit's help and with brethren as great buffers. Brethren please, allow God draw you close to Him. 
I must warn and encourage our 2nd MB brethren. It's true timetable is out. It's true fear may come. It's true you may not have covered, but it is also true that there are things you have covered. That fear is not of the Lord but only cripples and defeats you before the MB  defeats you. It is also true that before April 3rd, you can make great progress. Chillax in the Lord, this is not the time to leave fellowship and tone down Godly activities you have been active in. It's a time to continue pursuing your walk with God, and attending whatever meetings God permits time for you to attend. At the end of the day, you'll be grateful to God and to yourself that you didn't dodge fellowship. As our brother charged us in fellowship today, he mentioned something similar. And the irony of your deciding to dodge fellowship is that now, the non-church goers will start attending fellowship in a bid to seek God because the time table is out; while you an insider decides to run out in the name of 'I have not covered'. Please beware!
In the words of Bro Chizurum from today's meeting, what if I had not sat under God as a student to prepare for these everly busy work days, what would have become of me? I would have backslidden these few months. What if I hadn't sat under God to feed on His word voraciously as I prepared for 2nd MB, what would have become of me during my 2nd MB break when I faced the biggest persecution of my life so far. I gave my life to Christ roughly 3 months to 2nd MB but I sought Him relentlessly. I didn't even know why, but in retrospect, I saw He was the one pushing and preparing me for that war I faced during the break, just as He prepared David for kingship. What if I had dodged fellowship those days? Brethren, the Ifeoma-chiamaka you would have known would be someone else, a nonentity in God's hands, practically useless to Him because those persecution would have swallowed me up and dragged me out of the kingdom had it been he didn't give my roots soil those 3-5 months (Mat 13: 20-21). I'd have been obviously replaced like Saul. I'm yet to become all that David was yet o, but I know I'm still a work in progress.
In all you do brethren please, pursue God now while you can, tomorrow may be too late.  
God bless you.

Comments

  1. Wow, thank you Ify.

    Old but edifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Till now, I'm still grateful to God for your life, cos its been an inspiration! I admired you so much even before that great event, afterwards, my love for you increased so much and still waxing strong. God bless you and keep keeping you Daughter of Zion! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🀩πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ€—

      Delete
  3. Thank you ma

    God bless you
    I will feed while I still have time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Waiting

Day 225 Dear, Lately, I've had to pore over my life and have some things checked over again. I wish I was with you already. Reading Eric and Leslie's book has taught me alot and that's part of why I'm writing. The waiting has been long, I don't just mean The Waiting , I mean the waiting of  Heb 13:4 πŸ˜„πŸ€—. Okay so here's what I wanna say: the pull is getting stronger, but I suppose I'm getting stronger to wait too. Yup!✊ After the last 'no' which left me devastated, and my disciplers sending me across to James 1 and my personal Discovery of 1Cor10:13 , I have a renewed hope to wait. It isn't easy I must confess, having to be on the receiving end and having to consider requests upon request and listening intensely to God to hear O Tread in this path, and never hearing it all these years. I am becoming tired, but for the Ludys , I should stick a lil longer and for all those lessons learned from the above. And for you beloved, lemme stick a lil

We all need Walls and Fences in this Christian Race

  “ Therefore, let he that thinks he stands take heed lest he falls" (1Corinthians 10:12). NKJV This has become a scripture that I can relate well with. Here's a sneak peek into a story: She’d walked into the call room one faithful day and in her usual manner asked: “ Nne Kedu? ” I broke down and wailed, she locked the door and listened. Now this was a lady I’d known that I needed to get close to when I arrived town newly but I didn’t do the full embrace because of maybe delayed obedience or perhaps the fact that I kept looking for opportunities without creating one. In Christianity, these things aren’t hard to create in a circle of Christians who understand why ‘we are’; fellowshipping with one another outside the four walls of the church is what drives home the relationship observed in this body, the body of Christ. I sincerely gave this answer to her: “ I’m not fine. I have exams tomorrow, and I’m here administering chemotherapy. Well, that’s not all…” I went on and poured

Inner Beauty

I remember where you brought me from,  Lord I thank you for where I am today,  I see you doing a new thing in my life, Lord I thank you for the future I see🎢 It's been awesome having walked with God for the past 6 years. The journey has been excellent and I know He hasn't finished with me yet. I surrendered my life to Christ when I was 20. And what that meant was that the formative years of my life were almost over. I thought I had picked up a personality and a way of life that would mold me into the future but Mercy said "No". I'd go on to share an aspect. Prior to knowing Christ, I fussed a lot about my looks. On getting to know Him, I still did continue on this path but He (The Lord) began to point at how I dressed, and how I idolized my hair. I was keen on doing whatever it was to make the Lord, my Master happy. So, whatever I felt was the way forward in pleasing Him, I quickly embraced it.  I gained a great measure of help but I also tilted towa